William Butler Yeats

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Monday, April 14, 2008

Final Comment



As my final comment, I want to leave everyone with a passage from a practice drill I was doing in order to study for the MCAT. Although I don't know who this author is, its message was not lost on me. The part that imprinted on me and which will most likely stay in my mind for awhile is the following excerpt from the above passage. It is the most eloquently and beautifully phrased description of art's true existence that I have ever read:

"Art's true reality, though, lies in neither tinctured pigment, smoothed on canvas nor the splendid stories brilliantly told by brush strokes, but in the eyes, hearts, and minds of those who drink its visions with their souls."

Best of luck to everyone in this class on their journeys throughout life.

1 comment:

forker girl said...

Yes --and oh, sometimes, the struggle to express (intensities of) what interactions with aesthetic products

generate within the body of a responder
(the body that provides structure, scaffolding for a mind, so supported, is freed from having to concentrate on support?)

--oh yes; a reason to include what imagination (something real), what mind (something real)

can contribute to what is done/produced that can be considered not (to emphasize the) aesthetic

which is potentially present

--so I don't have to set out to make an aesthetic product, just a poem, just the outcomes of any kind of making,

for mind is able to identify those aesthetic particles that can converge and convene into aesthetic structures

even in unlikely places,


war torn areas,
defiance gardens

for instance.


Thank you.